It’s that time of year again! Year end reviews and lists!
I don’t know about you, but I was not too impressed with 2010. No extraordinary music or movies, no huge events in my personal life. The daily grind wasted this year away. I hope to change things up in 2011 – be more creative, take on more hobbies and activities, become a better runner. All good goals to aim for.
The Best of 2010
In my very opinionated fashion.
- Arcade Fire – The Suburbs
- Local Natives – Gorilla Manor
- Minus the Bear – OMNI
- Phantogram – Eyelid Movies
- Yeasayer – Odd Blood
- Broken Bells – Broken Bells
- Vampire Weekend – Contra
- Sufjan Stevens – The Age of Adz
- The National – High Violet
- Beach House – Zebra
- Toy Story 3
- Going the Distance
- Hot Tub Time Machine
- Temple Grandin
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield (1997)
- Eight White Nights by Andre Aciman (2010)
- Talking to Girls About Duran Duran by Rob Sheffield (2010)
- Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. by Sam Wasson (2010)
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac (1957)
(Ended up all being bands, saw a couple musicals that made me continue to hate musicals)
- Local Natives (Beachland Ballroom)
- Phantogram (Musica – Akron)
- Minus the Bear (House of Blues)
- Sufjan Stevens (Royal Oak Music Theatre – Royal Oak, MI)
- Aloha (Grog Shop)
and finally, my 10 favorite moments/adventures/experiences of 2010…
- Spending my birthday/New Years in Chicago. Visiting Frank Lloyd Wright homes and churches, drooling over my favorite architect.
- Getting hooked on Mad Men. Looooove.
- Visiting Whole Foods and farmers’ markets. Learning all about food, nutrition, and cooking in a technical sense.
- Spending evenings in the Metroparks biking or running.
- Fun summer/fall weddings with friends.
- Traipsing around the art museum at 2am during the Summer Solstice Party.
- Running the Cleveland Turkey Trot. Overcame body/leg issues to finish the race strong.
- Experiencing Cleveland and learning how great it really is.
- Welcoming my new nephew into the world.
- Having my dad’s bum heart fixed. One of the scariest things I’ve been through, but extremely thankful and happy all is well again.
here’s to a happy and healthy new year.